Licensed Optician - General Manager
Company: America's Best
Posted on: July 13, 2021
At National Vision, Inc. (NVI), we believe everyone deserves to
see their best to live their best. We help people by making quality
eye care and eyewear more affordable and accessible.
NVI is one of the largest optical retail companies in the United
States with over 1,200 stores in 44 states plus the District of
Columbia and Puerto Rico. We operate five retail brands:
America’s Best Contacts & Eyeglasses, Eyeglass World, Vision
Centers inside select Walmart stores and Vista Optical inside Fred
Meyer stores and on select military bases. With a team of
over 13,000 Associates including a network of over 2,000
optometrists, we offer an innovative culture where training is a
priority, hard work is praised, and career growth is a reality.
We are looking for a Full Time Licensed General Manager to join
our growing team.
The Licensed General Manager will provide management of all
facets of a retail stores’ operations, including but not limited
to, the daily operation of a retail area including personnel
management, budgetary controls, inventory controls, etc. while
maintaining the highest level of customer service.
What would you do? – The Specifics
- Achieve and maintain the highest level of customer
- Monitor and achieve profit, sales and performance goals (i.e.
reviewing the P&L).
- Monitor sales results against budgeted.
- Ensure all store associates achieve and maintain the highest
level of customer service.
- Investigate and compile competitive information.
- Provide daily and weekly statistics to District Manager and
- Ensure store promotions, advertising, and visual merchandising
are in place and all associates and doctors are aware of current
- Hire, supervise and train all store associates.
- Motivate associates to exceed performance standards.
- Interface and maintain appropriate professional relations with
the doctor, other NVI associates and customers.
Are you the right fit? – The Suitable
- ABO Certification required.
- Obtain/Maintain licensed as required by state.
- Management experience in retail and/or optical industry.
- Language Ability– Ability to read, analyze and interpret
general business periodicals, technical procedures or governmental
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the
- Math Ability– Ability to calculate figures and amounts.
- Reasoning Ability– Ability to define problems, collect data,
establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Proficient computer skills.
What are the benefits?
National Vision offers a competitive benefits package including
Health and Dental Insurance, 401k with company match, Flex Spending
Account, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Life
Insurance, Paid Personal Time Off, and much more. Please see our
website www.nationalvision.com to
Keywords: America's Best, Glendora , Licensed Optician - General Manager, Other , Glendora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!