Superintendent - Heavy Civil - Southern California District
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Requisition ID: 119559
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Construction Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
As a Superintendent you will play a significant part in the
success for Kiewit. You will function as a field supervisor and may
have responsibility for multiple Foreman, and/or laborers/craft
workers. You with be responsible for the organization, work
methods, scheduling, cost control, conformity with drawings and
specification, workmanship, and assignment of work to accomplish
the execution of the work, either directly or through General
Foreman or Foreman. You will also work to maintain positive working
relationships with clients, architect/engineer, suppliers,
subcontractors, and jobsite staff.
Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities
for you to make one too through our construction operations.
Whether we're boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into
energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on
our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction
professionals to get it done right. You bring your big ideas,
commitment to top quality, and an unwavering work ethic. In return,
we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction
of building the next big thing from the ground up. There's a reason
Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and
fulfillment you won't find anywhere else.
Kiewit's Southern California District is one of Kiewit's leading
infrastructure districts specializing in heavy civil projects that
include earth moving, water/wastewater, transportation, roadways,
and power projects. Most of our work is concentrated in the
Southern California region, with some work in Hawaii.
Kiewit's Southern California District is based out of the Santa
Fe Springs, CA office and supports projects throughout the Southern
California region, building out project/construction schedules for
all types of infrastructure work across the region.
- Supervises field crews and mentors Jr. Superintendents
- Review and approve the balance of Foremen, journeymen and
laborer's composite labor rates
- Manage contract administration (subcontractor/field management
meeting for communication)
- Develop a program to maintain good client relations involving
staff on site
- Initiate and attend supplementary and regular meeting with
client for problem resolution and planning
- Oversee and approve the monthly job cost updates and quarterly
cash flow projections
- Review, approve and negotiate change orders
- Develop and implement a plan for project completion and
- Maintain daily diary for record keeping purposes
- Ensure that all performance evaluations and completed in a
timely fashion for direct reports
- Recommend, where appropriate, organizational, policy and
procedural or staff changes
- Review and approve or reject promotions up to General
- 8+ years' construction experience with 3+ years being in a
Superintendent/Leadership capacity overseeing field crews
(preferably working on infrastructure projects such as roads,
bridges, dams, water/wastewater treatment plants etc.)
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated with the ability to
work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand various processes
regarding Kiewit's policies, procedures and software programs.
- Ability to identify and resolve any problems that may
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communication and
- Strong experience in Leadership, safety, negotiations,
planning, and contract administration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are
made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics
protected by law.
Keywords: Kiewit, Glendora , Superintendent - Heavy Civil - Southern California District, Other , Glendora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!