Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Do you have compassion and a passion to help
healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values
you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your
life’s best work.(sm)
What You’ll Do (aka Description):
Responsible for developing and implementing the outpatient
diabetes program for Optum.
What Work Will Look Like:
- Schedule: Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
- Location: Glendora, Covina and Arcadia, CA (position will begin
working remote then transition to on-site basis)
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that
demonstrate Optums' commitment to superior customer service,
including quality, care and concern with each and every internal
and external customer.
- Participates as a member of interdisciplinary healthcare team
to facilitate the continuum of care and education of patients with
- Monitors and evaluates, as needed, resource utilization,
patient outcomes, patient’s skills in self-care, and patient’s
ability and readiness to learn.
- Counsels and educates individual patient appropriately on
diabetes care in conjunction with patient’s medical provider
(medication adjustment, exercise, diet, sick days, etc.)
- Evaluates blood glucose records to determine efficacy of
current medication therapy, solve hypo/hyper-glycemia problems, and
make needed adjustments.
- Ensures correct and timely documentation in patient’s medical
record following individual consultation.
- Develops and conducts group presentations and related
educational programs as needed.
- Develops and maintains patient education materials relating to
- Serves as a resource for clinic staff, home health and other
- Uses, protects, and discloses Optum patients’ protected health
information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance
Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college and/or a
professional certification requiring formal education beyond a
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
- Current California RN license.
- Certification as a Certified Diabetes Educator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will
be required to screen for symptoms using ProtectWell mobile app,
Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone
system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved system screener.
When in a United Health Group building, employees are required to
wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply
with any state and local masking orders.
It'd be even better if (#Preferred):
- Bilingual Spanish, comfortable with public speaking and
- Computer/tech savvy
- Insulin teaching experience a plus
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire
organization around one giant objective; make health care work
better for everyone. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family
of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most
advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its
fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance
teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Here you’ll
find incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular
opportunity to do your life's best work.(SM)
Keywords: Optum, Glendora , Registered Nurse, Certified Diabetes Educator, Other , Glendora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!