Centralized Pharmacy Supervisor
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Responsible for the day-to-day operations of specific
Centralized Pharmacy location(s)/ services(s) (e.g. CPP, PCC, CRP,
MOPC). Provides leadership, supervision and direction to
subordinate Pharmacy Services Supervisors, Lead Pharmacists,
Pharmacists, and non-pharmacist and other administrative employees.
Ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations,
Statewide Pharmacy Operations objectives, policies, and procedures.
Minimal to no online dispensing duty. Supervises operations in a
centralized pharmacy/ location with a scope of service that
encompasses an entire region. Performs other duties as
- Assists the Manager with the development and implementation of
pharmacy strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for the supervision of day-to-day
services/activities/functions, including drug distribution, mail
order services, drug education, pharmacist clinical activities,
retail business expansion, inventory management, performance
measurements, regulatory compliance, employee development and
multi-disciplinary team development in a centralized
pharmacy/location with a regional scope of service.
- Supervises departmental personnel and operational practices to
ensure compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations.
- TJC, OSHA, SBOP, Statewide and Departmental policies and
- Sphere of influence includes Pharmacy staff, other members of
the Pharmacy management team, providers, Medical Center Area
Pharmacy employees, other Regional Pharmacy personnel, and Union
- Provides personnel management activities (e.g., recruits,
hires, trains and evaluates, and/or terminates subordinate
- Works with Human Resources in handling employee
- Completes/administers performance evaluations and ensures
adherence to departmental plan for completion of performance
- Responsible for the preparation and assignment of department
staffs work schedules and assignments.
- Makes staffing and scheduling adjustments to meet
volume/workload demands and in accordance with collective
- Prepares and/or approves the biweekly payroll.
- Provides regular communication and feedback to the staff.
- Assists the Manager to monitor personnel utilization in
accordance with operating budget.
- Responsible to monitor financial parameters and to operate
within budgetary targets.
- Participates in designing, implementing and evaluating systems,
processes and methods designed to enhance quality, improve service,
and enhance cost effectiveness.
- Directs, assesses and alters dispensing workflow to achieve
desired service outcomes.
- Assists the Manager to collaborate with Regional Pharmacy
Operations, and to implement, evaluate and improve quality
- Provides resolution to service complaints by Health Plan
members, other Kaiser health care professionals, department heads,
- Administers organizational and department policies and
procedures on a day-to-day basis.
- Performs minimal to no online duties.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum two (2) years of previous experience providing
functional direction required or completion of an accredited
pharmacy PGY1 or PGY2 residency prior to start.
- Degree in pharmacy required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist License (California)
- Ability to demonstrate and apply knowledge of contemporary
outpatient pharmacy operations principles and standards, including
clinical, professional, legal, business, and public relations
- Must have a working knowledge of applicable Federal and State
- Ability to extract pertinent information from patients, or
other sources, to apply to the patients medical management
- Demonstrated abilities and skills in pharmacy business
management, customer problem-resolution, leadership and
- Must possess self-initiative, innovative and collaborative
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency in oral and written
English-speaking communication skills.
- Proficiency in various databases and other computer usage.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Two (2) years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Pharm. D. preferred.
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Glendora , Centralized Pharmacy Supervisor, Healthcare , Glendora, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...